Websites, Wikis, and "Your Tree By Dee" Well, I have my website up and running now. http://yourtreebydee.googlepages.com/. It really wasn't too bad. I would advise doing your homework before attempting to create one, especially if your as computer literate as I am. I had started to create a website a couple months ago and it was a disaster. I paid alot of money and could not figure out how to get it up and running. This website through google was a breeze and it didn't cost me a cent. Of course, the site is a work in progress, but at least I got the main page going.
I also added an article to a wiki site. familysearchwiki.org. If you want to take a look, it is title Compiled Records for Mid-South Research. This turned out to be a positive experience also. The site was very user friendly and I was able to publish my article without any difficulty. While, I am talking about wiki's, I would recommend a good article in November 2007's Internet Genealogy Magazine. The is a really great article on wiki's for us who are just learning about all this new jargon.
I am waiting for my appointment to take the test for accreditation. Hope it is soon. If you visit my website for my business "Your Tree By Dee" feel free to let people know that I have my business up and running and would love to do their research. I have a degree in family history from BYU and have done private clients for about 5 years. I also work for a couple of companies on a contractual basis, so I feel I am very professional researcher.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment