Okay, I need to vent. I have had my research project in to the accreditation board for some time, hoping to take the accreditation test at the FHL. I have heard they have put the latest batch of submissions on hold. I really think that creates a problem for those who now have their degree, but would like to get credentialed so that they can further their careers. I really feel that BYU and the Accreditation board needs to work together to insure that once a person has graduated from BYU with a degree in Family History, they will have the opportunity to take the accreditation test in a timely manner. When I graduated from nursing school, I got to take the state boards within a couple of months. This would seem to be more responsible. BYU's family history program pushes accreditation over certification, but it is disappointing to not be able to do so, because they have slowed down the process.
What do some of you others out there feel about this issue?
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree, the sooner you take the test the better. As time passes, you tend to forget some of the things you learned. Why are the latest applicants being put on hold? Did they specify a reason?
I would also like to know what the difference is between the testing for AG and CG so that I can make an informed decision when the time comes. Could someone explain that or recommend a website(s) that explain the difference.
By the way, your blog looks great Dee!
Terry
Post a Comment